Friday, April 18, 2008

Today's the Day!

Today's the big day! I go to the gym for the first time! If only the sales tour counted - then today would be the second day! But, alas, it doesn't. So, today I go meet with the trainer to devise my plan for achy joints, sore muscles and buckets of sweat. Who knew that would be so exciting?!

I'm a bit nervous too. What if he breaks out a tape measure?! Knowing that 66 lbs. of fat have made themselves at home on my body is bad enough....but measuring where that fat is doesn't seem all that appealing to me. Yes, yes, I know. "If you don't know where you are, how will you be able to track how far you've come?" Can't I guess-timate? Gimme a break - I just had 3 kids! Well, "just" is such a relative word, isn't it? "Just" 4 months ago, "just" 4 years ago, and "just" 6 years ago. But being the good mommy that I am, I've kept momentos from all of those pregnancies...firmly attached to my hips. I'll let you know how the tape measure thing goes, but keep me in your prayers anyway!

So, you may be wondering why I've created this blog. Well, it's here to help chronicle my daily battle with procrastination, avoidance and big thighs. Maybe you can relate? If not, sit back and have a chuckle. I hope you'll be entertained, encouraged and realize that you don't have to be a size 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 to get on a treadmill. Leave me a note to let me know you've stopped by! I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: