Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday Morning Workout

I didn't hear the alarm go off this morning, because we had turned the fan on last night and I didn't have the volume set-up loud enough to compensate for the extra noise. So, when I woke up it was 2 minutes before 6. You'd be proud though, because I jumped out of bed, got dressed and was on the road by 6:05. And it's a rainy, dreary, sleepy morning, so that's even more impressive, huh? =)

With limited time I figured my best course of action was to hop on the cardio machine that would kick my butt the fastest. Yes, that's right. The Elliptical a.k.a. "The Cardio Killer" was my warm-up machine of choice. I lasted 5 minutes. Honestly, I have no idea how people can stay on that thing for any length of time. If you're one of those people who use it for an hour, God bless you, because I feel like I'm going to collapse after a few minutes.

So, a quick jaunt on the Cardio Killer, some lower body resistance training, abs and back on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Time was short, but I really felt "worked out" by the time 6:50 rolled around.

I may go again this weekend if I'm feeling like I need a break!

I'm planning on planting flowers and veggies this weekend though, so that may count as my resistance training! I'm going to be wearing gloves since my sister-in-law now has a finger the size of Tennessee since she did not wear gloves while working in her yard weeding and planting. I have no desire to be the next victim of Fingergate 2008. =)

No comments: