Monday, May 19, 2008

Running in the Rain

Yes, you read that right..."RUNNING" in the rain. Who would have thought?

It was pouring yesterday as I was about to leave work. The kind of rain where you know there's no chance of anything except total saturation. Of course I had parked at the very back of the building...thinking, of course, that it would provide good exercise.

There was a small crowd of visitors waiting for the rain to abate before they dashed to their cars, but I was feeling adventurous. So, without the protection of a plastic shopping bag on my head (although, thanks for the offer, Mr. L) or my pants rolled to my knee (thanks for the suggestion, Mrs. D) I decided to run for it. In dress pants and flats.

For those of you who have never run through a torrential downpour let me suggest that you take a moment in your life and RUN. Not only does it make you feel about 8 years old, but it makes you laugh! By the time I got to the car I was soaked to the bone and laughing like a loon. My clothes were plastered to my body and my hair looked like I'd just gotten out of the shower. I dried off (with a clean gym towel I had left in the car!) and then paused for a moment. Because I realized I had just run around the building, in the pouring rain, wearing dress clothes, and was not winded. How fun is that!?!

Needless to say, I had a grin on my face the entire way home. And wouldn't you know it....it stopped raining completely about 2 minutes after I left work.

No comments: