Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome Back

It's been over a month and I'm finally back.

The summer has not been kind to dreams of stress-free times.

My brother-in-law passed on August 8th and I can honestly say that there are few things that are sadder than watching an 11 year old and a 5 year old tend to their daddy's casket. Some things just should not happen.

The proposed CNA class that was not thought to happen until early fall was surprisingly scheduled for the two weeks before my brother-in-law passed. A blessing that my husband took time off to watch the kids and, thus, had more time to spend visiting his brother. I finished the class, have been working on the floor as a trainee, and last night took my state exam. I am now a Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA). A difficult and not at all glamorous job, but one that's so appreciated by the residents and family members. I've discovered that it comes rather naturally for me and I enjoy caring for those in my charge.

With all of that going on I have seen the gym only when driving by it. My plan is to start going either tomorrow or Thursday morning. I miss being there, but I'm happy to report that I've actually lost more weight and am 13 lbs. lighter than I was when I got pregnant last year. I still want to lose another 25 lbs. so the gym is definitely needed.

I hope your summer has been kind and I promise to update much more frequently. It's time to get back into the swing of a routine. Don't you agree?

No comments: