Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jumping Counts

So, I get these daily "motivational" emails from Jillian a.k.a. "Scary Trainer on TBL". According to today's email jumping is great cardio.

Since times are tough and home heating oil is, or was 3 weeks ago, super high, we've been keeping the thermostat at 60 degrees. I knew it was cold when even the baby didn't try to take off her warm, fleece hat this morning. So, while heating up my third cup of coffee this morning I decided to exercise according to Jillian. Yep, that's right, for 1 minute and 20 seconds I jumped up and down. Not only did it serve exercising purposes, it also warmed me up.

"Stop whining, kids. If you want to be warm just jump up and down." My new mommy mantra...along with, "If you can't feel your fingers wear gloves. Yes, I know we're in the house."

No comments: