Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!




Well, my baby girl is a year old today. It hardly seems possible. What a year!

I got to thinking about my physical health this time last year. Obviously, I was very pregnant and very post-pregnancy all within a few hours time. Funny how that happens.

I may not be going to the gym or working out religiously, but I'm in much better shape now than I was even before I got pregnant. That, to me, is amazing. I wanted to lose weight, but I didn't actually think I would. I had, in some part of my brain, resigned myself to the fact that I was going to be a size 14 forever. That was just going to be it.

How exciting that a year after having my youngest I'm in a size 10 and on the way down. That's a good thing. It's encouraging. And I never believed it would happen.

So, if you're reading this and thinking that you'll never get to where you want to be....just start. Do something. Anything. You can do it.

No comments: