Friday, January 16, 2009

Name That Soap to Get Some Soap

I am loving the handmade soap I bought on ArtFire a couple of weeks ago. My skin gets really dry in the winter, especially my arms, and with all of the washing I do at work, well, let's say, my skin and I have not been having a very good relationship. For those of you who don't know, I am, in addition to many other things, a licensed esthetician. You know, someone who can give facials, body treatments, waxing, etc. Not much call for that in this economy, eh?

Anyway, the soap. It smells like lilacs and is highly, highly moisturizing. My arms are on the verge of being silky smooth. That is amazing to me. Why? Well, because I was a staunch believer in the old "soap" is bad philosophy. Of course, now that I think about it, products laden with chemicals don't sound all that appealing either. I think it's the word "soap" that does it. And really, for awhile I knew nothing about handmade soaps except the ones that were shaped like bears or butterflies and they really did nothing to endear me to them.

So, what's in this soap I'm using? Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Goat's Milk, Shea Butter, Sodium Hydroxide and Lilac Oil. That's it. I can pronounce it all and I know what each component does. I understand the moisturizing and restorative properties of the ingredients. And I know how wonderful my skin feels after using it.

It's got me (and my hubby) thinking about making soap. So, I made myself chuckle when I was thinking of names for it. If I was going to make soap, what would be a good "Gym Mama" type name for it?

Here are a few I was (not) thinking of using...

1. Soap So You Don't Stink

2. Sweat Eradicator

3. For the Pits


What are YOUR suggestions? Leave a post and the one that I think is the funniest will receive a bar of the very soap I am so lovingly describing. Trust me. You want it. =)