Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Effects.

It's been a weird day.

I'm feeling the effects of the loss of Frances, the fact that Dan has returned to work, being once again isolated from adult conversation and a never ending amount of work. It has caught up with me.

Frances' services were today, and as per usual, there was no way to escape the house without three children in tow. As it was scheduled for smack dab in the middle of nap time, and Shae had already demonstrated she needed one by having a screaming meltdown in the store, we didn't go. The boys said they'd go and sit quietly....as long as there were snacks after the service. Since I couldn't promise refreshments they quickly decided they'd rather not commit themselves to an hour of sitting still. They're 6 & 8...who can blame them. So, I snuggled with Shae while she napped and mourned. Sad times.

Today was also the day I was to head off to a conference in New York City by myself for four days. Honestly, I could care less about the conference and am not a big fan of the city (just ask Rick - poor guy probably still has the scars on his arm from my nails to prove it), but, Oh! The thought of sweet freedom for four days! Childcare, or should I say, the lack of childcare once again got the better of my well paid for plans. The loss of such freedom, combined with the events of this week and the loss of being connected, is exceptionally bitter.

A rough day.

1 comment:

Marion said...

Sorry to hear your day wasn't so good. You can always call and talk with me.