Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back in the Saddle

It was off to the gym this morning after not having been there since Thursday. It felt good to go, but boy, was it tough hearing that alarm go off at 5:35. I set it after the baby woke up at 2am. I figured since she had woken up in the middle of the night she would not be waking up at her usual 5:30-ish time.

So, off to the gym I went. I found a routine in a new magazine I got the other day....when to do arms, legs, abs, cardio. Day 1 was 20 minutes of upper body and 20 of cardio. Since that's what I was planning on anyway it was a good fit. I think I'll try sticking with their routine and see how it goes. It's a 6 week plan, so we'll see.

My right instep has been bothering me the last few days. I think I have a weird arch. Anyway, I warmed up on the treadmill, but my foot started feeling uncomfy, so I did the recumbent bike for my 20 minutes of cardio. The resistance was a lot greater today than it was the other day, so I got a good workout.

I signed up for the 7 day free Weight Watchers trial period the other day so I'm exploring that aspect of this whole fitness thing too. I've discovered in the last few days that I eat A LOT! =) So, even if I choose not to continue it it's a good wake up call for portion control and the amount that I'm eating. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: