Monday, May 12, 2008

Doors, Cats and Some Smaller Size Jeans

Sometimes exercise isn't the only thing that can raise your heartrate to "High Intensity." Try walking down the stairs at 6:30 in the morning and finding your back door WIIIIIIDE OPEN. Yep, thought I was going to lose about 10 years of my life on that one this morning. Thankfully, my pony, er dog, was by my side, so I wasn't worried about an intruder. Anyone stupid enough to break into my house after seeing the size of our dog really deserves what they get.

Apparently, the deadbolt was not locked and since it was, and still is, exceptionally windy, the door had blown open. Yes, the bottom lock was locked, but apparently, the door was not shut tightly. Thankfully, no one had come in. I then had to run around the house frantically searching for our two indoor-only cats. One of them, the smart one, was sound asleep on top of a pile of soft, squishy stuffed animals. The other one, the mischevious one, was no where to be found. So, I began calling him and heard a faint, "Meoow" from outside. Out from under the 90 year old wisteria bush he emerged and into the house be ran. Thank God.

So, after that I figured my cardio was done for the day. Okay, not really. It was close though. Since it was too late to head to the gym I jumped on the treadmill for 20 minutes and got a good workout in. I'll do some upper body resistance stuff later, but just ran out of "me time" this morning.

Some exciting news on the clothes front...I was able to stuff myself into jeans that have not seen the light of day since 3-4 months before I got pregnant last year. That's down 2 sizes from when I started this journey a month ago. I'm getting there...

No comments: