Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

The sign outside of Friendly's said "100". 100 degrees that is. It's June 7th. In Pennsylvania. I thought we'd seen the last of 100 degree days in June when we moved from Phoenix. Apparently not.

So, what's a family to do in 100 degree weather when gas prices are $4.19 and heating oil is almost $4.75 and the air conditioners are still tucked away in the attic? Can you say, "Free Ice Cream Day at Friendly's?" Yummy! I felt a pang of guilt as I hurriedly consumed my single scoop (that looked like a double) of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (the green kind) in a sugar cone, because Friendly's is across the street from the gym. Ironic, isn't it? Whoever planned that one was a smart, smart corporate guru.

I think I've sweat more today just from grocery shopping, mopping the floor and chasing the kids around than I ever have at the gym. At this rate I'll look like Kate Moss by the end of the heat wave on Monday.

Stay cool!

No comments: