Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday in a Nutshell

I almost cried when I pulled up to the gym this morning at 6am (wahoo!). As I got out of the car I realized that I had brought the wrong keys and that my little check-in card thingy was on the other set. Thankfully, it was the nice morning guy at the desk and when I told him, he said, "Oh my gosh, I know you, go! You're my smiley girl!" Go me for being memorable! And for being called a "girl"! Go me!

I really wanted to work on the weight machines today, since I figure I've sweat off a small child just by being in a house with very little air conditioning all weekend. I also was inspired to really focus on my arms, because my youngest son, God bless him, came up to me yesterday and jiggled my arm while saying, "Look, Mom! It's like Jell-O!" Hmm.

Well, let me just tell you, no one will be able to comment on my jiggly arms anymore this Summer! No, sirree! 'Cause I'm hiding all of those tank top tops and I'm going to wear long sleeves all summer, that's why! Or maybe just long short sleeves. But definitely no tank tops. Jell-O. Darn it. I hate Jell-O.

Apparently, my kids were on a brutally honest trend these last 24 hours, because my oldest son was asking my age and he said, "I liked it better last year when you were XX. You were nicer then. Now that you're XX, you're still sort of nice, but you were nicer before." This while we're driving home with a pool in the back of the van and he's wearing his new swimming mask and snorkel. Hmm.

Going to the gym twice in one day doesn't sound like that bad of an idea right now.

No comments: