Friday, July 4, 2008

Hot Dogs Are Meant to Be Chewed

Who knew that the gym would be packed at 1:45on the 4th of July?! There were only 2 Cardio Killers open when I got there, so I did abs and lots of stretching first. Then I hopped on a C.K. and started ellipting my legs off.

Unfortunately, for me my C.K. was directly in front of the TV tuned to ESPN. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but they were having the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. Oh my gosh! It was gross! I couldn't watch, but I couldn't seem to look away. In fact,everyone in the gym had sort of stopped working out so feverishly and was staring in horrific fascination at these people shoving hot dogs 1, 2, 3 at a time into their mouths. Ugh. Seriously, I thought I was going to be a little bit sick.

For those of you who missed this historic event, the challenge ended in a tie. 59 hot dogs. Then they had a 5 hot dog timed contest. Whoever could eat them the fastest would be the winner. Yeah, it was pretty gross, but in the end Joey Chestnut won. 64 hot dogs. Eww.

So, after it was over everyone resumed working out....at a more feverish pace trying to exorcise the image of the hot dog contest,I think. Yeah, good luck with that fellow gym-ers.

No comments: