Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gym Mama Without a Gym

Honestly, I don't think I'm ever going to get back to the gym. Unless Mary Poppins comes knocking at my door with the Publisher's Sweepstakes people I just don't see it happening.

And actually, I think I'd want to spend the day with Mary and the kids and those chalk drawings.

SO, what's a gym mama to do with no gym? For some reason "Home Gym Mama" doesn't seem quite right. True, I have a treadmill and an exercise ball and some hand weights (somewhere),but if you thought the Cardio Killer was amusing....well, it doesn't hold a candle to the exercise ball.

Of course the last time I was on the exercise ball I was about 30 pounds heavier and had just given birth a month or so earlier. But truly, it was an experience not to be forgotten. I couldn't get on it and then once I did I couldn't get off of it. If I remember correctly, my oldest son commented, "Oh, this is not going to end well." Out of the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

Another Day in Limbo said...

I'm a homeschool mom, personal trainer & mother of 3. There are so many things that you can do at home even without that stability ball (although it is GREAT for hamstring curls from a bridge position). Prisoner squats, lunges, many variations of pushups, chair dips, the list goes on an on. For some inspiration go to http://bodyweightculture.com and see some amazing videos of what crazy fit people are doing. :)