Thursday, December 18, 2008

Going with the flow

Last night there was a change of assignments at work...just as I was almost done mine and feeling good about getting ahead and being able to have a 5 minute break before I left. It was one of those moments when you have to consciously choose how you're going to react.

I chose to go with the flow, switch to what I had just been assigned and do it with a cheerful spirit. Something I haven't been very good at doing lately. And let me just tell you, it made a world of difference. I think the health of the spirit is often neglected, but without a healthy spirit, a healthy attitude, there can be no healthy body.

We're more than just our bodies and there's no gym for our attitudes. But we can choose to work out our troubles and fill our thoughts, our reactions and our spirits with the positive. It makes you feel a whole lot better. And the best part is...it's free.

As my kids like to say, "Put some gratitude in your attitude." (Thank you PBS!)

(Our Thanksgiving table...family....things to be thankful for.)

Have a great day!

No comments: