Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year, New Commitment

It happens every January 1st. It's inevitable. We crazy human beings start making deals with ourselves about what we're going to start doing or what we're going to stop doing. And what happens? By February 1st we're back to our old ways. For the most part.

Some people talk about not making resolutions. They talk about changing your lifestyle instead. They make it sound easy even with the "this will take a long time to achieve" disclaimers in .5 font. So, what's a person to do?

I am, by no means, an expert on this and can't even say I've led by example for a long time. However, what I can offer is honesty in this endeavor of fitness and changing a sedentary lifestyle into a healthy, active one. I can also offer some resources to help you get going.

In the next few weeks I'll be posting the charity fitness events that you can get involved in in your neck of the woods on GymMama.net. I'll also be starting a monthly newsletter, featuring guest fitness writers and posting more links than you can shake a stick at. The GymMama Shop will be updated and the handmade GymMama ArtFire Shop will get some new goodies as well.

I'll be looking for more GymMama's of the Month and featuring weekly giveaways on Mondays (what better way to start the week?!). Downloadable fitness tracking sheets, goal pages, and so much more will also start popping up. It's my renewed commitment to GymMama.net.

If you'd like to get involved by writing a column or submitting events I encourage you to do so. Email me directly at GymMama {at} GymMama.net. It's tough going alone, but with all things, a little help from some friends makes change so much easier.

See you in 2009!

No comments: