Friday, April 10, 2009

Craft ADD

I had to laugh at myself today. Okay, I do that quite a bit, but today took the cake.

I was thinking about Handmade News and writing an article about crafting ADD. It's a serious affliction, you know. Well, before 10am I had cut a new batch of soap, boiled eggs for Easter egg decorating, took pictures and created a Crinkly Baby Block of Power (see the pretty picture below), and rearranged the entire living room.



My dining room table has the remainders of my frantic need to create. It's funny really. The table is heaped in fabric, buttons, thread, paper and items I don't even know the name of. Serious Craft ADD. And here I am, sitting at the computer desk, with my back to the dining room.

Thankfully, Mr. Gym Mama doesn't come home for an hour. That gives me time to clean up, shower, get the kids ready for Grandma's and pretend none of this happened. What a mess.

Oh, and to top things off, I hit "Enter" instead of shift when I was working on the Handmade News application and sent the application in without some very important things. Like my name and contact information. Lovely.

2 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

Oh my gosh, sign me up. I have so many ideas for jewelry designs in my head and different projects in the works I think I have this affliction too! I hope you get your application straightened out!

Gym Mama said...

*lol* SEE?! I just KNEW I wasn't the only one with Craft ADD! *lol* Btw, your things are beautiful! =) I'm actually going to write a piece on you now. =)