Thursday, April 9, 2009

Customer Service Gone Awry

We love this organic farm that's about 15 minutes from our house. It's nestled back along a road we'd never traveled and it's full of organic goodness. We especially like the "pick your own" feature, because, well, we have kids who like to get dirty. It's truly the perfect family outing for food kind of place.

Except their customer service stinks. For me, stinky customer service is a huge turn off. No matter how much I like your organic veggies. My parents very kindly ordered a yearly family pass for my husband for Christmas that was to include special emails, discounts, a reusable bag, etc., etc. Well, it's April. Almost mid-April at this point and we've yet to receive an email, a reusable bag, announcements of specials or anything other than a phone call two months ago and then a phone call this afternoon.

The phone call two months ago was to inquire about the email address (which we'd given them twice already) and to let us know the voucher for the bag would be emailed that very afternoon. Apparently, there's a time warp that I was previously unaware of, because today's phone call was for the exact same thing. Except that today the message also indicated that they are missing the last four numbers of the credit card. Huh?!?

So, I'm not holding my breath that the email will appear this afternoon, but I am reminded of the importance of customer service. It's an everyday must have.

2 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

Oh, that is bad. I hope it's a years pass from the time you finally get it. I agree, customer service is a real turn on/off for me. I love it when a company goes above and beyond to impress me and so it's so important in this economy right now. I hope it works out for you!

Marion said...

I sent them an email and I'm hoping for a response. This is just ridiculous! Customer service is not like it used to be. Down here that word is not even in the dictionary! :-)