Monday, August 2, 2010

On A Whim. (aka My Brilliant Impulsiveness)

As I was washing the cat in the sink with lemon fresh hand soap in the three minutes it was going to take to heat water for the kids' lunch, a few things dawned on me...

1. I'm impulsive.
2. I manage to cram a lot of little tasks in between the big ones.
And 3....bathing the cat in the sink is not a good idea unless you're prepared with things like leather falcon training gloves, bandages, antiseptic cream and a plethora of towels.

Let that serve as fair warning in case you ever feel inclined to bathe your cat...especially if he has claws. Sharp claws.

Anyway, I started thinking about other impulsive things that I've done that might help to serve as warning to you. After all, if you're reading this, the very least I can do is provide you with practical advice. So, grab some lemon water or a cup of coffee and learn from my mistakes...

1. Painting the living room stoplight yellow as a surprise for your spouse is not always a good idea. It's best to stop when 3/4 of one wall is done and just apologize profusely.

2. Rearranging the furniture in your house just because you're bored...will leave you with more work than you wanted. Guaranteed.

3. While it may seem like a good idea to start putting things aside for a yard sale, unless you're actually going to HAVE said yard sale, it's best just to leave the junk in the closet.

4. Starting to place an order online 5 minutes before you need to leave to go somewhere is a sure guarantee that the site will freeze...as it's processing your credit card.

And those are my gems for the day. I'm sure I'll think of more later...it's a given.

No comments: