Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Facts

More random facts about me, because you've always wanted to know, but have been too afraid to ask. Or, because you don't particularly care one way or the other, but will read them anyway, because you've already started and now feel obligated to continue.

  • I love mint chocolate chip ice cream. GREEN mint chocolate chip ice cream. The white stuff is fake.
  • Somedays, in the winter, I tell the kids we're having pajama day just so I don't have to get changed because it's so cold.
  • My dog weighs 130 lbs. I know I've mentioned this before, but if you're a stalker, you need to hear this again. My dog is 130 lbs. and he's EXTREMELY loyal to me. By the way, a 130 lb. dog looks like a small pony.
  • Fall is my favorite season. There's nothing like seeing the leaves change, feeling the cool nip in the air, and digging out the gooey pumpkin innards while the kids squeal with laughter.
  • I think my neighbors are awesome. Our immediate neighbor stopped on his way home from work one day when he saw us jumping Dan's car, just to make sure we were okay. He's a young guy, too, probably not more than 26, and super nice. He also helped shovel out the van during Snowmageddon...so I made him brownies. I also adore all of the other ones who live more than a wall away. We are very blessed.
  • My toenails are currently painted China Girl pink. For some reason, that name makes me smirk.
  • I was in the color guard in high school. That's right, I twirled flags like nobody's business. It was fun. Until it wasn't.
  • I find it highly disturbing that I have to pet my farm animals on We Farm. There's something just not right about that.
  • I am not fond of crowds. I get that from my Dad.
  • My favorite movie is Somewhere in Time.
  • I've always wanted to go to Mackinac Island where Somewhere in Time was filmed. Maybe someday.
  • My favorite song changes too frequently to pinpoint just one. Some of the songs on my playlist right now are: Hey, Soul Sister (Train), The House That Built Me (Miranda Lambert), Far Away (Nickelback), Smile (Uncle Kracker), Whatever It Is (Zac Brown Band), The Climb (Miley Cyrus), I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas), Just Dance (Lady GaGa), Get Back Up (tobyMac), You Are More (Tenth Avenue North), The Lost Get Found (Britt Nicole), Still (Tim McGraw), Better Than a Hallelujah (Amy Grant), Give Me Your Eyes (Brandon Heath) and Hold Us Together (Matt Maher)

And that's your daily dose of complete randomness. Enjoy! And check out the songs...

4 comments:

Dru'el the Chaotic said...

can you taste the difference between the green and white? this sounds like a _Very_ scientific experiment waiting to happen. it's a moral imperative.

did you hum "China Girl" as you were painting your nails?

Sue Barnfield said...

Oooh, love the 'random facts' blogs :-d
re pajama days - I think these should be a government introduced day off work !! In fact we should have 3 per annum to balance things out. Supermarkets could have a day of 'no dress code' to facilitate this (there are people where I live who regularly shop in their pj's but that's another story).
I think this could be a worldwide charity fund raising event (well, that would make me feel less guilty about the days I slob around the house)!
Brandi, there was so many wonderful parts of your blog (2/3rds of which I could relate to) but the pj section really struck a chord :-)
Sue x x

Gym Mama said...

Jer, I completely agree with you. A scientific experiment is definitely in order. Wanna help? =)

As far as China Girl, nope, I was thinking something tooooootally different. ;)

Gym Mama said...

Sue, if you can get parliament to change the laws over there, I will be happy to petition my senators and representatives. Wouldn't it be funny to see all of the government officials in their jammies? =)