Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things That Bother My Children.

I cant help it, I'm a mom and you're just going to have to put up with my snippets of conversation with my kids. Or you don't. Really, it's your call and that's fine either way. But these gems are the quirky things that bother my kids and make them uniquely themselves. And they make me laugh...not out loud at the kids of course, but inside where they can't hear the chuckles. (Don't tell Dan, because I am certain there's some sort of mental health diagnosis for that.)

Ready?

- Belly shirts. Hugely disturbing to the boys that their sister can wear a shirt that doesn't cover her bellybutton. They insisted that daddy had dressed her in clothes that don't fit....again. When an explanation was attempted, the 6 year old put his hand up and said, "Stop, just stop. I don't care what you say about them, I find those shirts highly inappropriate and disturbing. And also, I'm very glad boys don't have to wear them." Point taken.

- Food that may or may not have been touched, breathed on or looked at by someone else. If they don't know for sure, they're not touching it. Except for the toddler....she'll grab the food right off your plate and run away squealing with laughter. She has issues, apparently.

- Skip counting songs. Drives them up the wall. "That song is like torture to my ears."

- Dog eye boogies. Okay, really, they gross me out too.

- Chocolate milk that isn't chocolatey enough. "Why should I even bother drinking it? It just looks and tastes like milk that someone didn't care enough about to give it the chocolate attention it needed." Sometimes I just have no words after they come out with things like that.

- Naps. Forget it, unless they've been running for the last three hours, there is no way they're going to sleep. And that includes the toddler these days....gosh darn it.

- Being too hot/being too cold. One son wears shorts all year long...even when we had Snowmageddon in February...he was wearing shorts inside. One son wears hooded sweatshirts and sweatpants as soon as the temperature drops below 80. The toddler just wants to wear what she wants.

And there's more for some other time, but I'm exhausted and have to make 4 dozen muffins at 6am. Oy.

No comments: