Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Time.

I did something I have never done before.

I wrote a post, published it, and about ten minutes later took it down.

I don't do that.

Ever.

What I write, I post. Because, after all, this is where I let it all fly. Well, to some extent anyway.

So, why did I take it down? For a few reasons, but mostly because of this thing called grace.

There are a lot of different explanations for what grace is and what it means to certain people, but in this instance....grace was the calming insight that some things are best left unpublished. Some things are better off said directly and not in a post that who knows who will read. And even though the message would be here, there are just times when it doesn't belong here.

One thing that's worth taking from that post and putting here is my reminder to myself that faith and fear cannot live harmoniously in the same space. It was a good reminder.

And yes, just for the record, I choose faith.

No comments: