Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Secret Life.

Marine of the United States Marine Corps runs ...(This picture has nothing to do with me really, but how could I resist adding those OMG arms and shoulders to the blog?! It's like eye candy....with no calories! I can't stop looking. Issues, I know.) Image via WikipediaIt seems ironic that I have a blog called Confessions of a Gym Mama when I haven't been to the gym in who knows how long. It's been over a year for sure. Actually, it may even be two. Huh. Time flies.

Anyway, in order to be true to my blog and, more importantly, to get myself moving and in shape, I have been secretly exercising. I say secretly, because I haven't told all of you. Well, one or two of you know, but for the masses, this new information is startling I'm sure.

Since exercising can mean many different things, let me clarify. I have been running on the treadmill twice a day, almost every day (I didn't when I was sick, but I also couldn't really breathe that day either).

Twice a day? Yep. Twice a day. Usually morning and night.

Why twice a day? I'm not entirely sure actually, someone just told me it would be a good idea. So, I run twice a day. Of my own free will. And with no one chasing me. While listening to club/dance music on Pandora.

And you know what?

It's exhilarating.

Really.

I'm excited every single time I finish.

Why? Because it feels good to feel strong.

I've also been counting calories. Every single bite gets logged on my MyFitnessPal app. It's a free app that helps you set a calorie goal and then makes logging calories as easy as.....well, pie.

Honestly, at first the idea of tracking my calories was daunting and none too appealing.

Now....it's a game. Every food choice influences whether I win or lose the daily game....so I have been making better choices. And becoming more aware of what I eat and how many calories everything has. Trust me, once you realize what you should be eating and how much you actually are eating....it can be a little shocking.

So, for a week now I've been exercising. And I've lost over two pounds. But more importantly, I feel.....better. I still have this cold/allergy/sinus things that's been lingering, but I feel better. And that's definitely worth working out for.


(A special thank you to those who have been pushing me to lace up the sneakers and hit the treadmill. You know who you are. Your "no excuses, get exercising" attitudes are better than any personal trainer. You rock....and are very appreciated.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: