Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Focus.

Ah, yes, focus. That elusive word that has been just out of reach for many months now returned today with a vengeance.

I took full advantage of the fact that our awesome babysitter was here during the afternoon and went to Starbucks with laptop in hand. With a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate next to me and my long-lost friend, Focus, I managed to get done a slew of work. So much so, that I am actually, for the first time in I can't remember how long, curled up on the sofa watching tv in my pajamas and fuzzy socks before 8pm. Really. Amazing, huh?

Sometimes when life kicks you in the teeth and people try to add salt to wounds with hurtful words, you somehow manage to survive. Another amazing thing.

Oh, and I read three great things today.....one is that we are all broken in some way. Very true. We all have our scars and nicks and bruises and broken pieces. The other was that we can't fix other people no matter how much we want to. They have to heal. That's hard to remember when so many of us are used to trying to fix things. And the third thing was that you can't let someone who is broken make you more broken. I think we tend to let that happen a lot. We try to fix someone because we genuinely care and somehow we forget to guard ourselves from being more broken. Food for thought.

Overall though, a good day. And I must admit, it's so nice to have had Focus with me today. I've missed it.

1 comment:

Dru'el the Chaotic said...

a hug from another long-lost friend *HUG* .