Friday, May 2, 2008

The Step Class

I got to go to the gym a little bit later this morning, because my hubby took the day off. It was almost harder to go at 7:45 than it is to go at 5:45. Weird, huh?

So, today's adventure involved a Step Class. Now, I know what you're thinking. "She took a step class! Wahoo!" Sorry to disappoint you, but I most assuredly did NOT take a step class. I value my life and since my balance still isn't anything to write home about, the thought of stepping up and down while moving quickly from side to side is definitely not a good idea. No, no. My adventure involved watching the Step Class.

There were about 15 women in there....ranging in age from perky and bouncy to exhausted and saggy. I could quite clearly identify with the exhausted and saggy gals. So, as I'm watching the women while happily peddaling away on my recumbent bike I began to notice something. They're all coordinated. Not in colors, although most of them were! They have coordination. That's something I'm severly lacking. Just ask anyone who knows me. There are jokes about it....all at my expense.

It was at that moment when I first noticed that you need coordination to take a step class that I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it's not a class for me. So, since a Pilates class would probably kill me at this point and a Step Class requires coordination and a Yoga class requires balance and a Kickboxing Class makes you sweat....I think I'm left with Water Aerobics. You can wear sweats in the pool right? Because there's no way I'm getting in a bathing suit!

No comments: