Monday, May 5, 2008

Why are you going to the gym again?

I actually set my alarm this morning! I figured that if I started the week off right it would help set the pattern for the rest of the week. Let's hope that's the case!

I got out of the house later than usual...a few minutes after 6. The boys were awake and stood in their window waving and blowing kisses. The youngest asked why I was going to the gym again this morning. I was tempted to say, "To rid myself of unwanted fat," but that seemed a bit much to tell a 4 year old. So, instead, I said, "Because I want to be healthy. And one way to get healthy is by exercising."

That was a much better way to explain it, don't you agree? Anyone who knows my youngest son knows that he's got an amazing auditory memory and can remember just about everything he hears. Much to his daddy's chagrin many times. So, I have no doubt that he will now associate exercising with being healthy.

And that's what it's all for, isn't it? Exercising to be healthy. Exercising to be a good role model for our children. Exercising to live longer and with a better quality of life.

Losing that unwanted fat is just (pardon the expression) icing on the cake.

No comments: