Monday, June 30, 2008

What to do...

I've decided I need to do one of two things. I either need to get myself to the gym 4 days a week, every week, or I need to just usemy treadmill at home. It makes no sense to keep the gym membership if I can't manage to get myself there early enough in the morning.

Even though I have the treadmill I find it harder to use it than to get to the gym. Imagine that. It's not because I don't want to, it's because I get distracted. The treadmill is in the laundry room which is in the basement. So, I think, "Well, since I'm going down there I should throw in a load of laundry. So, let me gather laundry from upstairs. Oh, wait, I have to put these other clothes away first. Now, let's take these downstairs. Hmm, clothes are in the washer and dryer already. Gotta' fold the clothes in the dryer first, then switch the clothes before I can put a new load in to wash." 45 minutes later it's too late to get on the treadmill for more than 2 minutes, because then I have to start dinner or it's time for my hubby to get ready for work.

At least not going to the gym can be attributed to not being able to stop my bionic arms and not to doing chores.

So, with 4 weekdays left this week, I have to go. Every. Single. Day. Call me. Hold me to it. Even on Thursday (our 9th wedding anniversary) and Friday (the 4th of July). I have to just GO!

No comments: