Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Focusing On The Positive

I asked my hubby to push me out of bed this morning if I didn't get up when the alarm went off. Apparently, it wakes him up more than it does me. Go figure.

Thankfully, no pushing was necessary. The baby woke up at 5:20, so I just shut the alarm off, fed her and got ready to go. You'd think that would have been easy.

Let's just say it was a challenging morning before, during and after the gym. I thought about listing the myriad of things that made me want to just climb back in bed, but really, does that accomplish anything? (And, holy cow, the baby just peed on my leg. *sigh*)

So, I'm trying to focus on the good things this morning instead. Like the beautiful sunrise, the gas in my car's gas tank, the low humidity, the coffee I've been steadily drinking, toothpaste that will freshen my coffee breath, and on and on. The simple things.

I know you're dying to know what happened, but don't even bother asking. We're going to be positive today!

No comments: