Friday, December 12, 2008

Sunny Side Up

A morning with snafoos.

Woke up grumpy after being awake for 75% of the night. Thank you very much baby teeth that have decided to torture my daughter.

The boys were...testing the limits of my tiny bit of remaining good humor.

The van wouldn't start. That to be found out only after the three kids were buckled in, the packages were loaded in to take to the post office and it was 35 minutes before lunch. I thought it was the alternator.

Then things started to get a little better.

My brother arrived and jumped the car's battery with his super-duper police battery charger. He said it was just the battery. Not the alternator. And that it still had some juice, but just not enough to start the car.

My husband came home to help if we wanted to get a new battery.

We went to the post office to mail the packages and there was NO line. AND my hubby stayed in the car with the kids so I could go in BY MYSELF.

We went to BestBuy to pick up a new wireless printer/scanner/copier/fax (wahoo, on sale for only $79!) and, because I had ordered it online for in store pick-up, it took me only 5 minutes to get in and out of that crazy place.

We had lunch together. TOGETHER. Meals rarely happen together around here anymore and I miss it.

Now, we're sitting together. The boys engrossed in Flubber, hubby asleep while snuggling with the middle bambino, the baby happily playing in her pack-n-play, and me getting caught up on "stuff."

So, now we're good. I'm going to set up the printer in just a few minutes, but I thought I'd enjoy the uncomplicated bliss of this afternoon for just a bit longer.

No comments: