Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Huh?

It has been busy around here lately! Yesterday was literally swamped with projects, including the investigation of pumice and how it will float.....even in mom's morning coffee. And yes, if you try to write the word "pumice" on black construction paper using a pumice stone it will work....sort of....as long as you look closely and use some imagination. These are the important things I'm teaching my children. Lord have mercy on us all.

Today is again, full scale swamped, but this time it comes with the beginnings of a delightful head cold. As I was reading The Magician's Nephew (C.S. Lewis) to the kids this morning the youngest son stopped me and said, "Mom, does it really say, 'wah day wa abt?'" To which, I eloquently replied, "Huh?" Then, realizing I was so stuffy he couldn't understand me, I took some much needed DayQuil. Much better. Now the story actually makes sense and the boys don't think C.S. Lewis wrote jibberish.

On a side note of enitrely no relevance to the above, please keep the people of Haiti in your thoughts and prayers today. As a daughter of parents who live on an island in the Caribbean, I can attest to the fact that life there is vastly different from life in the states. Supplies are limited and help is much farther away than a few hour drive across state lines.

No comments: