Amidst the endless tissues and soup, I began to think about the things that make my day. Because, really, if there is ever a time when you need to be optimistic about life it's when your kids are wiping their noses on your shoulder. So, here ya' go....the little things that make my day...
- New shower gel. Really. It's exciting.
- Finishing work before midnight. It makes me feel very accomplished.
- Remembering to set the timer to pre-program the coffee pot for the morning. It's delightful to wake up to coffee that's already made.
- Hugs. Enough said.
- Messages, emails, and phone calls just to say hi. I love to get them. Especially on days when I am home with 3 sick kiddos. Keeps me from going crazy. Just sayin'. Hint, hint, hint to all of you. =)
- The smell of lilacs in spring, fresh cut grass in summer, apples in fall and pine in winter. The smell of sugar cookies is also a big one any time of the year.
- Sheets that have been line dried. Perfect.
- When my cell phone battery lasts longer than a few hours. Oy.
- Naps. Need I say more?
- Soft pretzels that are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The trick, my friends, is to broil them for about 5-10 minutes in the toaster oven.
- A nice, quiet shower where I don't have to keep an ear out for the kidlets. Bliss.
Like I said, it's the little things.