Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Colds, Math & Llama Scarves.

I've been battling a cold since Friday and, unfortunately, it is showing no signs of defeat. Blech. So, I've decided to post about the top 5 things I've learned from this nasty bug. You're thrilled with my topic choice, I can tell.

1. Basic math (and my calculator) escapes me when sick.
Now some may argue that this also occurs while healthy, but I can guarantee that it happens when I'm sick. Adding, subtracting....doing multiple operations?! Ha! You're better off asking Pony Dog to write the answer. However, I do give it valiant attempts....always with the wrong answer, but I try.

2. NyQuil and DayQuil are the same....only in different colors and forms.
DayQuil, the one that supposedly won't make drowsy, knocks me out for 3 hours at a time. NyQuil, the one that's supposed to knock me out all night, wakes me up after 3 hours....just as stuffy as before I took it. Before the government decided we were too stupid or transfixed with making meth, NyQuil had some cool stuff in it. Now? Not so much.

3. Being sick makes me want to snuggle.
Unfortunately, being sick hinders snuggling. It's a bummer.

4. Even while sick I can spell high point words on WWF.
Words like Zonk for 114 points. If that's not innate skill (and a crazy amount of luck), I don't know what is. And much thanks to my WWF pal who let me gloat...a lot...over my highest word score ever. It was very gracious of you! :)

5. I can't get warm when sick.
Okay, really, this applies in the winter when I'm well too. In fact, because I can't get warm, I always have the urge to knit or crochet when I'm sick. Unfortunately, you need to be able to count while doing either...see #1 above to find out why this is not a good activity while I'm ill. However, this morning I did order some super soft, red llama yarn to make myself a scarf. I'll take pictures of it when it's done....probably in 10 years.

And now, it's time to make myself some warm something to drink and try to convince the kids to eat lunch so we can nap all afternoon. I know....good luck with that.

Hope you are all well and that your math skills are up to snuff. You never know when you might need them!

No comments: