Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Life Has Been Okay.


Our foster dog, Hope, was adopted this weekend. It was bittersweet. The house seems empty and quiet - despite the three kids, 2 adults and Will. Hubs keeps telling me to stop looking at the dogs and cats available for adoption/fostering at the shelter, but it's hard. Fostering is, I'm afraid, rather addicting. Time to nip that in the bud, right?

Besides Hope's adoption, son #1's birthday was last week and son #2's birthday is this week. Little Miss' birthday is in 3 weeks. I am a poster child for poor planning. Three birthdays less than eight weeks before Christmas. Crazy. Between Halloween candy, cake, ice cream, Thanksgiving, more cake, ice cream, and Christmas cookies....weight loss doesn't stand a chance.

The other day we stopped at an open house for a new development that is being built near us and that we've driven by I don't even know how many times. It was fascinating to see the kids' reaction to the homes and made us dream of moving. I'd never move into those particular homes - no yard, townhouses, etc. - but they were beautiful nonetheless. It was fun to dream. Hubs and I used to go to open houses at new communities almost every weekend when we lived in Arizona. There were so many communities springing up that we had years of exploring and visiting. I didn't realize how much I missed doing that until we stopped the other day. Free entertainment and, now that we know the kids love doing it too, something that we will have to do more of - just for fun.

Life has been okay. It really has.


No comments: